Thursday, June 13, 2019

A little ‘Hi’ can work wonders!

Many a times, I have noticed within myself, as well as with others around me, that we don’t initiate a conversation with the person we like or admire. We have a typical inferiority when it comes to matters of heart and love. We may be having stellar academic backgrounds, excellent communication skills, the most awarded employee of the month or even the fattest pay checks, but when it comes to matters of love, we, by we – I specially mean “Men with low self-confidence”, generally walk away.



I still remember an incident where I cleared one of the MBA colleges, which is among the top 10 colleges for MBA. I was a member of the whatsapp group which was formed during the Pre-Induction days to help all the students out. Me, along with one of my friends became the “Unofficial Helpline” of for the students of our batch. I remember, I replied to almost any query up in the group, so that people don’t face any problem.

Being the digital curious cat I was, I stuck across the profile of this girl, who was supposedly to join the same college. Her name rhymed more with the name of a homeopathic medicine “Arnica.” She was way more beautiful and maybe a few inches taller than me! Owing to my scoliosis, 152 was the best I could be, making me shorter than almost any girl around me!
I sort of realized, she was out of my league. Great beauty, awesome personality, perfect height! She had everything a fairy has! Hence, I decided to stay away from her, as even trying for her would leave me despondent. There were times, when she asked the queries, but I refrained from answering it. Subliminally, I construed that since she is far better than me, and by far I mean, I had to be born five times to be as good as she is in her current birth - making her out of my league (OOL), I should not talk or stay connected with her. It was more of a precaution from my side to not get my heart broken.

Eventually, due to various uncontrollable reasons, I had to change my college. I literally never joined the Ivy League college rather settled for something of similar sorts.
(We will come to that someday later!)
What happened? Life moved on! I continued in my new college and She- in her old. I never got somehow attached to anyone as much as I wanted her. Maybe, the game of the forbidden fruit mesmerized my life! She never actually came to know that I liked her! I never actually came to know, how she really was, in person! Hence, both of us remained perpetual strangers. 

Let me take you to a parallel universe, where I made an effort from myself and actually texted her; read as DM-ed her.

1. We could have known each other better, given each other a heads up.
2. We could have stayed connected even though our colleges were different.
3. We could have adjusted our summer internships in the same city so that we can at least meet each other once to know if we are good for each other.
4. We could have become good friends and if luck permitted awesome lovers.

But, all these could haves never actually materialized. It was because I lacked the confidence to say a simple “Hi” to her. Why?

It was because I presumed my height or my complexion would have driven her away from me!

But, the question is how I would even know that, if I don’t take a step forward!

So, my dear readers, I would say, if you like someone, admire someone, (wo)man up, make a move and just say

“Hi, How are you? Would you like to have a chat over a cup of coffee?”
You never know! You will either get a Thumbs up or a Thumbs down! At least, you won’t get 
regrets!
Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Mast likha hai be sale..nce work.waiting for the rply of hers Wala post😂

    ReplyDelete